January 25, 2023
Backend Software Engineer
Hybrid based on Athens, Greece or remote
Who we are:
Feel Therapeutics is an award winning, Silicon Valley based startup developing Digital Biomarkers and Therapeutics to bring objective data and measurement in how we diagnose, manage and care for Mental Health. The company is backed by top-tier investors and partners with large Pharmaceuticals to develop novel digital biomarkers and bring digital health solutions to market as standalone therapeutics (DTx) or alongside medications.
With this position we offer you a great career development opportunity with the ability to have an impact and help market a disruptive technology product. At the same time, you will be working with top notch and CARING people who are COMMITTED to making it happen, CHALLENGED to grow, and INSPIRED beyond the stars!
What you will do:
- Architect and develop scalable, cloud-based systems following sound software engineering principles.
- Apply best practices for code quality, reliability, high-performance and application lifecycle management using state-of-the-art technologies and tools.
- Contribute to an agile development team as an engaged, passionate member. Collaborate with high calibre Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, Scrum Masters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience in a high-quality environment using a major programming language (Python, Java/Kotlin, C#, C++, Go, Scala)
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, complexity
- Good grasp of software design principles: object-orientation, design patterns
- Experience with databases: RDBMS and/or NoSQL, programming interfaces
- Self-starting attitude with ability to thrive in an autonomous culture
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Positive energy and can do mentality
Nice to have qualifications:
- Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline. Research experience is also welcome.
- Experience in agile software development processes (e.g. Scrum)
- Familiarity with good practices for software development and lifecycle management (unit testing, version control, build management, CI/CD)
- Professional experience in building scalable, cloud-based systems on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience designing and implementing web APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience with serverless (Lambdas, Cloud Functions) and/or containerized microservices (Docker)
- Experience with streaming data platforms (AWS Kinesis, Kafka)
- Familiarity with functional programming principles
- Contributions to open source software
What we can offer:
- Great career development opportunity with the ability to have an impact and help create a disruptive technology product
- Get a truly international experience working with people between San Francisco, California and Athens, Greece for a product that will be marketed around the world
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
Send an email to email@example.com or click the button below to apply for this job.Apply for this Job